Welcome to The Life Of A Dalai Mama

Welcome! I was inspired to write this blog by my loving husband. My hopes are to have daily posts that follow my life as a yogini, mom and wife. You will travel with me through the trials and tribulations of balancing love, family and work. I hope to inspire, motivate or at least make someone feel like they are not alone in this world. I would love topics to talk about so email me at mariajakubik@yahoo.com and I will answer every question sent to me (regarding marriage, yoga and motherhood...I would love to tell you how to change the oil in your car but I have no clue).
With much peace and love please enjoy The Life Of A Dalai Mama.
Namaste.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Vegan Pancakes

So many people are skeptical when I say I made vegan pancakes.  I assure you if you make these pancakes you will never go back to traditional pancakes if you are a non vegan. 
They literally take a few minutes to whip up and I always make them with my 2 1/2 year old son (that's how easy they are to make!)

Ingredients:

1 cup of flour (whichever you prefer, we do half whole wheat and half white)
1 Tbsp of organic cane sugar (FYI white sugar is not vegan if you don't know why ask me...too gross)
2 Tbsp of baking soda (sounds like a lot but this is what makes the magic happen)
Dash of salt
2 Tbsp of oil
1 cup of Vanilla Almond Milk (you can use whatever vegan milk you prefer but this is our favorite)
*If you like fruit pancakes go ahead and slice up some banana or add some blueberries.  The options are all yours.

1.  Heat up the pan and get it ready.  You can either you an organic non-stick spray or a vegan spread.
2.  Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl (I like to sift them together but you don't have to).  I also you a 4 cup measuring cup to mix everything in so I can just pour the batter out of it, it's so much easier.
3.  Now add the wet ingredients and mix but don't overmix.  The batter should be smooth.  I like to let it sit for a minute now.
4.  Begin to pour or spoon out the mixture onto your med/high heat pan. 
5.  Once you begin to see bubbles around the edge of pancakes then flip.
6.  Finish all the batter and if you have left overs (which you won't b/c they are so yummy) you can save them to reheat for tomorrow. 
7.  Pour some pure Maple Syrup over them and dig in!!!

Want some more vegan recipes?  Not sure of vegan replacements?  Add a comment below and I will answer or email me at mariajakubik@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment