Welcome to The Life Of A Dalai Mama

Welcome! I was inspired to write this blog by my loving husband. My hopes are to have daily posts that follow my life as a yogini, mom and wife. You will travel with me through the trials and tribulations of balancing love, family and work. I hope to inspire, motivate or at least make someone feel like they are not alone in this world. I would love topics to talk about so email me at mariajakubik@yahoo.com and I will answer every question sent to me (regarding marriage, yoga and motherhood...I would love to tell you how to change the oil in your car but I have no clue).
With much peace and love please enjoy The Life Of A Dalai Mama.
Namaste.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Yoga Teacher Infatuation...What Happened to Non Attachment

Hmm... this should be a good one.  Why is it we as yoga teachers are supposed to be teaching non attachment yet do we practice it ourselves?  A perfect example is the following of one teacher.  We all have done it and most still do it.  Isn't that attachment?  Doesn't everyone have something to give to our yoga community?  Yes, some are new, some don't move as fast as a spin class but something pivotal in their lives put them on this yogic path.  Shouldn't we stick around to see what that was???  It took me a long time to fill my classes, then I have a baby and my students got scared and didn't give the new teachers a chance (not all... but some).  I question where did I go wrong as a yoga teacher?  Didn't I always mention detaching from people and material things?  Being present in this very moment and accepting?  For me, I did detach from it and look what was given to me.  A healthy beautiful child that brightens up my day.  She teaches me more in one day than I can learn from any yoga class in a lifetime. 

Just a thought.  Next time you see a name on a yoga schedule and it isn't someone you know maybe give it a shot.  I walked into my first yoga class at a gym and it changed my life.  That teacher is still around with two studios later.  Guess what...if I stereotyped "gym" yoga and I would have never went and I wouldn't be here today writing this blog.  Gifts are put right in front of you every second of the day.  Be open to receive them.  
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment