Welcome to The Life Of A Dalai Mama

Welcome! I was inspired to write this blog by my loving husband. My hopes are to have daily posts that follow my life as a yogini, mom and wife. You will travel with me through the trials and tribulations of balancing love, family and work. I hope to inspire, motivate or at least make someone feel like they are not alone in this world. I would love topics to talk about so email me at mariajakubik@yahoo.com and I will answer every question sent to me (regarding marriage, yoga and motherhood...I would love to tell you how to change the oil in your car but I have no clue).
With much peace and love please enjoy The Life Of A Dalai Mama.
Namaste.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Being a Woman

So, the funny thing is I started this blog 2 1/2 years ago when my son Jack was born.  I was overwhelmed with being a new mom and a new business owner that I never began to write.  Now, Lily is here and my business has grown and so have my responsibilities but somehow I am going to find a way to write daily here.  Maybe it will become viral or maybe this will be my online journal...who knows.

Being a woman is tough..being a business owner (of a yoga center), a mom, a teacher and a wife is just insane at times.  I  remember a time where my home was always spotless, everything organized and neat.  The yogi in me says "let go that was the past...don't dwell."  The italian guilt running through me tells me a different story, like get down stairs and finish all that laundry even if you have to stay up all night. 

This week I practice non attachment (Aparigraha as the yogi's say) .  Something I find so hard as a yogini to do.  I'm attached to my children, my husband, my family but I am also attached to my ego.  Trying to do it all myself and not wanting to ask for help.  Today I asked for help with Jack bc I just couldn't do it.  Instead of resting I worked, folded laundry, cooked for the dogs. The cool thing is I get to start over this very second bc every moment is a new beginning.

What are you attached to in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment