Welcome to The Life Of A Dalai Mama

Welcome! I was inspired to write this blog by my loving husband. My hopes are to have daily posts that follow my life as a yogini, mom and wife. You will travel with me through the trials and tribulations of balancing love, family and work. I hope to inspire, motivate or at least make someone feel like they are not alone in this world. I would love topics to talk about so email me at mariajakubik@yahoo.com and I will answer every question sent to me (regarding marriage, yoga and motherhood...I would love to tell you how to change the oil in your car but I have no clue).
With much peace and love please enjoy The Life Of A Dalai Mama.
Namaste.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Yoga Patents for YogaGlo ...WTF?

If you are a part of this modern yoga world you most likely have heard the news that YogaGlo has received some type of approval for a patent on yoga videos. What?!  If you haven't heard here you go :http://yogainternational.com/article/view/yogaglo-patent-issued

It is becoming more and more disheartening to be a part of the modern yoga world.  I in fact, have been working on several yoga videos for you tube to share with my clients that can not make it to class or live outside of NJ.  Nothing crazy I don't have them doing forearm stands or binds without me being present just prananyama, guided meditation and maybe a few warriors and a tree.  So...if this patent goes through I can't do that anymore?
The founder Derik Mills looks like a decent person and everyone needs to make a living but having the site wasn't enough?  I mean why is it that you go to yoga?  I started to get a away from my cell phone for 90 minutes.  I was in a high stress, high paced sales job and my cell was always ringing and I always answered...except those 90 minutes I was in class bc it was in my car.  Then I fell in love with the breathing and the movement and how I could actually slow down my thoughts and manifest great amazing things.  So, Derik, lay off the patent will you?  Yes, yoga has turned into a huge business but let's not make yoga teachers hire attorneys when they want to set up a You Tube page or send their clients videos on an asana they are working on or a guided meditation they really need.  Yoga teachers just don't make that type of money to keep an attorney on retainer. It just doesn't make too much sense...one yogi to another it just doesn't fit into the yoga philosophy.  If I want to send a video to a friend or to a client that needs some help relaxing don't take that opportunity to help someone heal away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment